Popular Posts

Thursday, September 16, 2010

God Breaks Down Gates of Bronze

"This is what the LORD says to His anointed, 
       to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of 
       to subdue nations before him (Jessica) 
       and to strip kings of their armor, 
       to open doors before him (Jessica)
       so that gates will not be shut:
 I will go before you 
       and will level the mountains; 
       I will break down gates of bronze 
       and cut through bars of iron.
 I will give you the treasures of darkness, 
       riches stored in secret places, 
       so that you may know that I am the LORD, 
       the God of Israel, who summons you by name." 
(Isaiah 45:1-3)


It is amazing! After many years of so much moving, I kept some of my belongings at a Church. They were so kind my property was there for about 2 years or even more. At times  I would be so tired and so weak that my private documents were just left there for all to see! Just on Tuesday, September 13, 2010, the Church had emailed me the previous week that they needed the room in less than two weeks so I had to move my things or else they would be donated to the Salvation Army.I was so tired after working the graveyard - night shift for over a month. I had to act swiftly. I went and looked at some boxes that were open. I was amazed! There were so many folders that contained personal information from 2001 to 2002 in another state I had lived in. It was there for everyone who wanted to see or use it in a malicious way. Partly they had not been destroyed since I was moving so much. Whenever I had planned to take care of them, i would either be packing them again or too tired to look at them. That became a pattern for me for over five years.


Lesson here is that God cares so much about us to the littlest details. There had come a point in my life where I did not care who got hold of those documents. I had been beaten down so much that I had given up. I did not care about tomorrow. I was just living one day at a time. "Amazing love how can it be that Jesus would die for me and care so much for me! As I write this, I am just shedding tears of joy.
Like Israel Houghton, "I am a friend of God and He calls me friend."  "Is it true that You are thinking of me, how You love me, Its amazing!"


Looking through those papers, I have been shredding them in these two days. God know me so much and loves me so much that he knew that I did not want my stuff to just be in the public arena of trash bins. I am amazed that after all these years I have been able to shred them as I wished so.


God reminded me that he was breaking down the prison walls that the our Enemy, the Devil, Satan had kept me in.
 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)

My joy had been stolen, my blessings had been stolen, my dreams had been stolen, my career had been stolen. But Jesus is restoring everything by His power. And restoring them in a new way. For God says, 

"Can't you see, I am doing a new thing. Eyes have never seen. Ears have never heard!" (1 Corinthians 2:9)



Song: Amazing love, how can it be, that my Lord would die for me!....


God's restoration power is so amazing and He does it in his own way. Just keep your eyes open and ears.


Rev. Jessica

No comments: