Popular Posts

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Medical Mission Sisters Long Road To Freedom Lyrics

Medical Mission Sisters Long Road To Freedom Lyrics


Chorus
It's a long road to freedom, a winding steep and high.
But when you walk in love with the wind on your wing
And cover the earth with the songs you sing,
The miles fly by.

1. I walked one morning by the sea,
And all the waves reached out to me.
I took their tears, then let them be.

2. I walked one morning at the dawn,
When bits of night still lingered on.
I sought my star, but it was gone.

3. I walked one morning with a friend,
And prayed the day would never end.
The years have flown so why pretend.

4. I walked one morning with my King,
And all my winters turned to spring.
Yet every moment held its sting.

1 comment:

Restored7 said...

I heard this song when I was a teenager and I loved it. Those Medical Mission Sisters really made my days as a teenager. I heard women of God singing with all the joy. You should listen to the others as well. These are some of the songs that helped form my spirituality as a teenage girl into womanhood. These are some of the songs that formed my musical background. Our neighbours, who were Roman Catholics, and quite religious, and good friends of mine yet were a bit older than me, had some of them and they used to play them. Now I look back on them and remember the love they had for me. Indeed, God has strange ways of forming us right from birth. In the English religious songs there was no distinction that these are Protestant songs and the others are Roman Catholic. At least I did not see it that way. God bless them. Wonder if any are still alive. Some were in Uganda.