Popular Posts

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Who Needs Alignment: Shower Doors Alignment



Have you ever wondered about your two sliding shower doors? The ones I have were aligned when I moved in. After about two weeks, they started getting funny! I would put them back but not for long. These were supposed to be new doors by the way! After five months, I gave up since the maintenance men had come on two occasions and seemingly put them back in place. I gave up, for pushing them up involved lifting them for proper alignment in the shafts for the pulleys to run well. They were quite inconveniencing. Visitors came and went. After two months, I finally called back Maintenance and they seemingly fixed them again. However, these door occasionally slide out when one is in the shower and you just have to fix them. So I would seemingly fix them! There came a point where the left side was on the right side and the right side was on the left side. For three months I have been opening them like this. When a door is on the wrong side, you see it and there is space left. I tried my best but could not align them the right sides. The mechanic in me was just frustrated! If I were still a perfectionist, I would have lost my peace of mind. Not me anymore! Life is worth more enjoying than fixing wrongs all the time!

Today, as I entered the shower, the doors did their thing again of misaligning. I was already running the water! I was thought that it would be a quick fix as usual! Wapi! With both my hands, and water running, which I hate for I don't like to waste water, I had to fix the doors! With determination, I started again while looking up to see the wheels / pulleys and slot below. You would have seen me! When the pulleys up were in place, the door was out of the slot! I don't know how I did it after about five times, I finally had it! It just rolled in easily and started sliding smoothly. All those months, sliding them would be forced and I had to be quite careful!
With the doors sliding smoothly, I was so happy. Immediately, God spoke to me and said that He aligns our lives into a smooth slide like those doors. He would align my life too like them. Sometimes in life we struggle so much to keep things in shape. We try to align our lives but with no success! We may try to fix our lives but misalign them like those shower doors getting in the wrong side yet opening and closing but not all the way. Our lives may look like fine in our homes, jobs, marriages, relationships, social life, financial life, spiritual life or to self. Yet is may be just “kupanga”. To those who see us on the outside may think that all is alright, until they get near us or touch our lives like touching those shower doors trying to open them, then you would realise that they were not aligned.
So God, our Father wants us to invite Him in our lives to align us the way we should be. The way He has designed us to be aligned in our lives, in our homes, on our jobs, in our marriages, in our relationships, in our social lives, in our financial lives, in our spiritual lives or to self.
Allow the Chief Designer to align your life. God knows how the pulleys run and which slot to fit.
Amplified Bible (AMP)Psalm 139To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 O Lord, you have searched me [thoroughly] and have known me.
2 You know my downsitting and my uprising; You understand my thought afar off.
3 You sift and search out my path and my lying down, and You are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue [still unuttered], but, behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
5 You have beset me and shut me in—behind and before, and You have laid Your hand upon me.
6 Your [infinite] knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high above me, I cannot reach it.
7 Where could I go from Your Spirit? Or where could I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol (the place of the dead), behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there shall Your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me and the night shall be [the only] light about me,
12 Even the darkness hides nothing from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You.
13 For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.

No comments: