Popular Posts

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Wait and Get Instructions for your Life Daily

As I was praying and listening to God this morning, I was reminded by Him to listen to His instructions for my life daily. I was so concerned by the many things I had to do and accomplish just today. It was so overwhelming for me. Not only that, I was just recovering from two weeks of flu, or pneumonia or bronchial pneumonia. It is amazing how we plan our days and without God. It is so overwhelming. Many times we achieve what we want, but we don't go anywhere, and we come back to the same point even after 10, 20, 30 years or more! Other times we don't even achieve what we planned t do 10, 20, 30, 40 years or even a lifetime! 
Jesus said,"Ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened for you,.." 
"You receive not because you ask not..." Our Father in heaven, our Creator, Genesis 1:26-28, since we are made in His likeness who breathed our spirit in us, is always on standby to give us daily instructions. God is so diplomatic for He cannot force Himself on us. Yet we are always running here and there, asking every creation be it human nor non human for our daily instructions! For the instructions of our lives. Those of us who have been to school, we receive daily instructions from our Teachers and instructors, and we follow then like a gospel or gospel truth. Yet they don't know it all! At times they lead us on wrong paths or directions in our lives.

Many of us, if not most of us, we ask for and follow our bosses, or employers directions like the bible! Yet we ignore our Master Planner, God, our heavenly Father! Many of us we don't have time for Him. We are always postponing just to even say Hi, or Hello when the day has just began. Yet we acknowledge and say Hi or hello or Good Morning to people we meet on our way and sometimes those we live with! Can you imagine how Our Master Planner, is disappointed with us? Can you imagine how sad He is? Can you imagine how grieved He may be? Those  of us who have had or still have children or adults live with us , whom we care for or not, we cannot imagine them just not saying Good morning, hi or hello to us when they have just seen us, or if they just leave the house like that? Tugamba era twebuuza nti, "Oyo munti ki era aliba atya? Oluusi tubayita ba Kiwagi oba ba Nnantabuulilirwa. Abo abatebuuza oba abatawuliriza!!!

I was so struck by the realisation that I was just like that kind of child or person to God, Our Father. Our Father is not only in heaven, but he is with us always. I have neglected Him so many times and planned my own ways that have led me many times to nowhere, or even to a wild goose chase! Can you imagine? Three years ago, I was taking two buses on one way to my work. However, these two had so many routes and as many buses at the same stop or stage. I saw one and I crossed the street with a green light. Soon as I crossed  the street, a bus which could have taken me on another route but the same destination passed by,  but I had a red light that stopped me from back tracking my steps. It went on for about 3 or 4 buses! Can you imagine! And I was so tired that day. Our Father, God whose love is everlasting, whose mercies are new every morning, spoke to my heart. He showed me  that was exactly how I was running my life.

Instead of neglecting God's written Word that has a plan and daily instructions for our lives, we should consult it daily to get to know what He desires for us.

We often ask why people work so hard and get so much yet they may lose everything in just one day, or a few days or even years. We often wonder why people die and leave so many things, property and wealth, yet everything is lost or destroyed in just a short time. It is because they had not asked God for the instructions of their lives.

Jesus said, "..lay your treasures in heaven where moths and rust do not destroy them, or thieves break through and steal them...For where your treasure is, there is your heart."
Matthew 6:19-21

Prayer
Father, Almighty God, 
ever loving God, 
Merciful God, give me the plan for my life.
As  I approach Your Throne of Mercy with boldness as you tell us,
Forgive me where I have ignored you, or not listened to you.
Nsonyiwa okuba Kiwagi, atebuuza oba atawuliriza.
Give me instructions for my life, 
Daily, hourly,
Weekly, monthly, yearly.
Step by step.
Mile by mile.
Journey by journey.
Room by room, desk by desk, 
drawer by drawer, task by task.
I make you the Lord of my life. 
Sit on the throne of my heart that you may be my King.
Open my eyes to see your Face through the crowd of this world.
Open my ears that I may hear your Voice through the noise of this world.
In the name of Jesus.
 Amen.

"...but those who hope in/ wait on the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your law.” Psalm 119:18

Song 
1. Open my eyes, that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.

Refrain
Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready my God, Thy will to see,
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit divine!

2. Open my ears, that I may hear
Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
And while the wave notes fall on my ear,
Everything false will disappear.

Refrain

3. Open my mouth, and let me bear,
Gladly the warm truth everywhere;
Open my heart and let me prepare
Love with Thy children thus to share.

Clara H. Fiske Scott, Daughter of Abel Scott and Sarah Fiske, Scott at­tend­ed, in 1856, the first Mu­sic In­sti­tute held in Chi­ca­go, Il­li­nois by C. M. Ca­dy. She went on to teach mu­sic at the La­dies Sem­in­a­ry, Ly­ons, Io­wa (1859). She mar­ried Hen­ry Clay Scott in 1861. In 1882, she pub­lished the Roy­al An­them Book, the first vol­ume of an­thems pub­lished by a wo­man.

Rev. Jessica Nakawombe


No comments: